Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Incredible People


I never realized how totally intense cyclo cross is. I have raced mountain bikes before, and it totally kicked my ass from the word go, but watching the women's 2007 cyclo cross world championships showed me just how incredible amazing these women athletes are. Having visited Christine "Peanut" Vardaros's blog and web site, I apparently under estimated the herculean strength and endurance these athletes must have to compete at the highest level. I have never been so inspired to ride. Thanks Christine for all your hard work and dedication. Also, I wanted to give a shout out to my friend Donn Young. Donn for his 50th birthday in the early summer of 2000, crossed the United States on his mountain bike from the Canadian border to the border of Mexico. I crossed Wyoming and part of Colorado with him on his Journey. It is people like these that inspire me to be the most I can be. Here is a funny video of my friend Donn and some friends from New Orleans taking in some trails at Devil's Den State Park. Mountain biking at its finest here in Northwest Arkansas.

2 comments:

PEANUT said...

thanks for the mention on your blog. I am truly honored - and humbled that you think so highly of what i do. I never take the time to reflect on my career path - until just now - so i thank you for that.
best,
Peanut

Rickie Rainwater said...

Miss Peanut,
I love your nick name by the way.
Take it from an old man that knows, what you do is amazing. It isn't that you are just an amazing athelete, but also a nice person which is just as admirable. Keep up the good work.
Rickie