Friday, December 12, 2008

Nemo has a new seat.

Nemo's seat arrived one day after I ordered it from competitive cyclist. She had picked up a lot of dirt as we had to take a brief muddy detour at the end of today's ride. I left the UPS guy a note to just leave the package if I was away and I found it when I got home. I will need to dial it in over a period of time and my butt may have to get use to the new seat. It isn't as cushy as the Terry, and so it may need to be broke in. It is much lighter than my last seat which the covering had started to crack. Like most things, it was very expensive and I hope it is as good as it is hyped up to be. The new 2009 Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow Saddle looks stunning. I tried to match the measurements of the last saddle, but the dimensions are not quiet the same, so I will need to experiment with it. I used a level after cleaning and lubricating the bolts. For fun, I may later experiment with red bar tape like Nemo had when I first got her last year. I have a lot of work to do while it is cold and I am thinking about focusing on charity century rides next year. I may even think about going to Texas to ride in the Live Strong Challenge. Who knows, I may even feel up to Racing in the Joe Martin Stage race in May 2009, but that race is extremely difficult. Time will tell.

No comments: