Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sore right leg.

I rode 50.16 miles into the wind today and only on the last part was the wind friendly. My right fibular collateral ligament and my right peroneus longus muscle connecting the tibia and fibula to the foot which assist in moving the foot downward and supports the arch of the foot has been experiencing pain. I need to figure out what is wrong with my pedal cleat setup and what is causing this pain. I noticed the discomfort was lessened for a while by moving up on the seat. The muscle seems to be suffering from over use. It doesn't bother me standing and climbing. It comes and goes as far as pain is concerned. My left leg is fine and I don't have any problem with it. I don't know if I have strained it or torn something in the past. Frustrating. It could be as simple as bunched up socks constricting my foot movement. Or maybe I need shoe inserts. It could turn into an over use injury and I need to figure it out. Perhaps it is time to visit, Dr. Robert, kind of like the Beatle Song.

No comments: