Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Well it is that time of year again. Here is Nemo before riding in the Joe Martin Stage Race last May. I must say that I certainly bit off a little more than I could chew, but I did finish the first two stages, the time trial, and the road race and moved up 5 places because 5 guys didn't finish the road race. Just to finish was an accomplishment. I was dead last but had to ride alone in a bad head wind with about 2000 feet of climbing in all that day. It is the same course and it seems every year is different weather wise. It isn't so much the pain of the hills, though they are very hard, but the wind on the top is always difficult.
I plan to ride the course on Thursday with a much stronger rider. I had to ride it to determine my status. Having the confidence to do it again is lacking even if I think I may actually be in better physical condition and my new bike is about 4 pounds lighter. Tough decision, but I'm sure I will make the right one.

No comments: